Doodhabishek i.e. offer milk and earn a lot of punya.
- Offering honey, ghee and sugarcane blesses you to attain wealth.
- Perform abhishek with milk, water, curd, ghee, honey, sugar, ganga jal etc.
Offering Belpatra to shivalingam is the most popular ritual to please Lord Shiva.
- Offering Belpatra mixed in water is said to provide relief from diseases.
- Some devotees also offer Darbh (a kind of grass) to attain relief from disease.
- It is also believed that Lord Shiva gets pleased with 100 lotus flowers (neelkamal).
Datura, Bhang and Shriphal are also offered to the lord Shiva. By offering Naivedya food during Shravan one gets blessed with a long and satisfied life.
Apply Holy Ash
- Lord Shiva appearance shows vibhuti or holy ash on his body.
- Offer Lord Shiva Vibhuti and place some on your forehead.
- This is considered as a ritual which provides purity to mind, body and soul.
- The main Shravan Puja is the worshiping of Shivlinga with Gangajal.
- Holy River Ganga purifies our soul and provides relief from sins committed in past.
- Offer Gangajal to lord Shiva to attain salvation (Moksha)
- Lord Shiva is seen wearing Rudraksha beads on his head, arms and hands.
- Wear Rudraksha during Shravan to get immense religious and spiritual benefits.
- It is said the person gets freedom from all kinds of diseases, fears and sorrows.
Chant Shiva Mantra
- Chant “Om Namah Shivaya”.
- Chant one mala of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra everyday to keep away the troubles.
- Listen or recite Shiva Stotras. Immerse yourself in Lord Shiva’s bhajan and feel peace.